Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Cheeseburger Pie



This is a simple recipe. It is based on my cheeseburger calzone. It is basically the same with a different crust. Instead of using pizza crust, I used pie crust. I really like the calzone version, but I think I like the pie version better. Maybe that is because pie crust is not nearly as healthy as pizza crust is. I mean who doesn’t like pie crust.

I made a big “pie”, but I think you could easily make these into mini version. I think I might try that next time. I think my kids would enjoy each having their own little one.




Cheeseburger Pie

2 pie crusts, unbaked( I was a bit lazy busy this week and I used a store crust)
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped dill pickles
3/4 cup ketchup
1 – 2 tablespoons mustard
1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese

Cook and crumble ground beef. Cool slightly. Add chopped pickles, ketchup, mustard, and cheese. Mix all together. Set aside.

Roll out 1 pie crust on a large cookie sheet or pizza stone. Place filling on crust, spread filling to about 1 inch from the edge. You need to leave enough dough around the edge to seal the crust. Roll out second crust and place over filling. Seal edges. Make a few slits in the top crust to make steam vents. Bake at 375 for about 17 minutes or until crust is slightly browned.



No comments:

Post a Comment